- Creating posts on the DiodeMatrix community is pretty easy. But making them look good is the trick . This post will take you through the basics of creating a post.
- NOTE: Link to the custom BBcode page here
Creating a post
- Creating a new topic is simple. just click the "New Topic" button to create one.
like shown below:
- After clicking on the "new topic" button you will be greeted with this screen:
- First of all let's add a subject to the post so people know what your post is about.
- We will show you what everything means. Creating a simple post is really easy. The rest of this post will contain small "tutorials" on how to use the UI.
Working with text
- As you can see you have some options for changing text format/styles. A lot of these options are located in the UI bar as shown below.
- They may seem familiar but they are really shortcuts for BBcode. I will show you a simple example of using BBcode in a post to bold a text.
- First of all highlight the text you want to make bold. Then click the "B" button as shown below:
- As you can see the TEXT has B and /b before and after it. This means it will render as Bold text.
- NOTE: Before publishing a page it might be smart to preview it first. to preview your post just click the "Preview" button between "Save draft" and "Submit".
Working with BBcode
- Mixing with BBCode is always fun, as far as I know, you can use unlimited BBcode in a sentence. So, for example, you can "Quote a bolded text with the size of 150 underlined". Is that a correct sentence? I don't know but it works! It's always easy to highlight your text and click the BBcode shortcut you want to use. Always make sure the code has a start tag and an ending tag.
- Let's check if the code has the correct syntax. You can do this by clicking on the "preview" button between "Save draft" and "Submit".
- As you can see it worked and the syntax is correct!
- Always follow the start tag to the ending tag for troubleshooting. Everything that starts also ends .
- List of the standard BBcode:
- you can also add attachments like pictures, MODfiles,zippies. etc etc. this can simply be done by clicking on the attachment tab and browse for a file. At last, add the file and it will upload to the attachment tab Like shown below.
- The attachment is now added to the post. If its a picture you can also choose to add it inline. This is simply done by scrolling down to the attachments and click on "Place inline". Here you can also delete attachments. Wherever the type cursor is will be the location where the attachment lands.
- We recommend uploading pictures from other BB-picture hosts like the one available on the post page. Using other hosts speeds up loading posts quite a bit
- This works really simple. Maybe even simpler! First, click the blue link then upload the picture and there you have it!
- Some BBcode-tags have more than one option. Let's take the Link tag as an example. If you want to make a simple link clickable then you just highlight the text and click "Link" icon. This will look like so:
Code: Select all
- but this is pretty useless right? it's more appealing to create a text-link like doing so:
Code: Select all
- More detailed information about our custom BB-code here
- If you are satisfied with the preview then you can publish your post! This is simple just click the "Submit" button as shown below
- Congrats you just made a cool post! well..., Nah I won't ruin the fun!
- in sometimes your post needs to be approved first. then you will get the message as shown below:
- The post we just created is available here. There is a simple trick for displaying BBcode someone is using. Do this by clicking on the "Reply with quote" button. Shown as below