Setting up your account + editing your profile

Information on how to create posts or set up your profile
seppdroid
CEO DiodeMatrix
Favorite Game: Halo
Currently working on: RUK

1 year ago

Welcome to the DiodeMatrix forums!
  • We recommend registering an account on community.diodematrix.com with a valid email address. For demo purposes, we used a single-use email address but I don't recommend that. But I won't stop you from using that :)

Register.JPG
Register.JPG (68.48 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Register.JPG
Register.JPG (68.48 KiB) Viewed 465 times

• after filling in the captcha and registering you will get an email confirming your registration.

activation.JPG
activation.JPG (35.28 KiB) Viewed 465 times
activation.JPG
activation.JPG (35.28 KiB) Viewed 465 times

• Just click on the link in the email to activate your account.

activation2.JPG
activation2.JPG (69.42 KiB) Viewed 465 times
activation2.JPG
activation2.JPG (69.42 KiB) Viewed 465 times

• After your account is activated you'll be able to log in. NOTE: If you don't activate your account within 12 days it might be deleted.

Login.JPG
Login.JPG (46.35 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Login.JPG
Login.JPG (46.35 KiB) Viewed 465 times

Editing your account
  • This forum software was made by the phpbb team so it contains all their cool stuff! There are a couple extra modifications and I will go through them.
    So let's go on and make your profile look nice! And tell a bit about yourself :). (i sound like the LittleBigPlanet guy haha)
  • So let's start with navigating. In the top right corner, you find your name with a little arrow like shown below:
ProfileBar.JPG
ProfileBar.JPG (10.14 KiB) Viewed 465 times
ProfileBar.JPG
ProfileBar.JPG (10.14 KiB) Viewed 465 times
  • Next to your name you'll find your notification bar. That will contain all your notifications
  • Now click on the little arrow next to your name. A little menu will show up as shown below.
popupuser.JPG
popupuser.JPG (14.55 KiB) Viewed 465 times
popupuser.JPG
popupuser.JPG (14.55 KiB) Viewed 465 times
  • To log out of your account click "Logout".
    If you click on "Profile" you'll be taken to your profile page. As you can see this is pretty empty and boring.
    To change this click on "[ Edit profile ]" or go to the little popup menu and click "User Control Panel".
    You will see the page below:

UserControlPanel.JPG
UserControlPanel.JPG (58.25 KiB) Viewed 465 times
UserControlPanel.JPG
UserControlPanel.JPG (58.25 KiB) Viewed 465 times

• On the little top bar click "Profile" here we can edit our profile.

EditProfile.JPG
EditProfile.JPG (16.81 KiB) Viewed 465 times
EditProfile.JPG
EditProfile.JPG (16.81 KiB) Viewed 465 times

• On the left you have the extra options like edit signature, account settings and the "remember me" login keys. Under "Edit account settings" is the password change.
  • Now go ahead and make a nice profile! I'll show you the demo profile below:

Edited profile.JPG
Edited profile.JPG (83.83 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Edited profile.JPG
Edited profile.JPG (83.83 KiB) Viewed 465 times

• Now don't forget to click "Submit" to save your account. :
  • As you can see; Your account looks nicer already! there is just one thing missing... A profile picture! or avatar picture (whatever).
    To do that go back to the User Control Panel ( [ edit profile ] ) and click "Edit Avatar" in the sidebar like shown below:

editavatar.JPG
editavatar.JPG (25.25 KiB) Viewed 465 times
editavatar.JPG
editavatar.JPG (25.25 KiB) Viewed 465 times

• NOTE: because the board only accept a maximum of 90x90 pixels means that not a lot of pictures will work. I'm too lazy to make an automated cropping system so you will have to do it yourself :PP.
    I recommend an OK website called http://picresize.com/edit . as shown below: (Make sure you use adblocker haha)

picresize.JPG
picresize.JPG (97.69 KiB) Viewed 465 times
picresize.JPG
picresize.JPG (97.69 KiB) Viewed 465 times

• You can even add some special effects! sorry.
  • After saving the picture on your computer you can upload it by clicking on "browse". Then choose the picture you want and click "Open" and Submit to save changes.
    as shown below: (using edge in windows 10 VM)

PFPupload.JPG
PFPupload.JPG (112.78 KiB) Viewed 465 times
PFPupload.JPG
PFPupload.JPG (112.78 KiB) Viewed 465 times
  • That's it! your profile looks dank now! I recommend you just go about and click around in the community since there isn't allot you can break. But if you do please tell me so we can contact PHPbb that there is a bug :P
    Have fun on the forums!!

Little fun fact: In the middle of creating this post I found out that there were problems with attachments. which could be fixed by changing the code in /includes/functions_posting.PHP to:

Code: Select all

($config['display_order']) ? krsort($attachment_data) : ksort($attachment_data);
		$attachrow_template_vars = [];

foreach ($attachment_data as $count => $attach_row)
		{
			$hidden = '';
			$attach_row['real_filename'] = utf8_basename($attach_row['real_filename']);

foreach ($attach_row as $key => $value)
			{
				$hidden .= '<input type="hidden" name="attachment_data[' . $count . '][' . $key . ']" value="' . $value . '" />';
			}
This was right around line 728-730
phpBB knows about this bug in 3.2.2 hopefully it gets fixed in 3.2.3 because allot of people don't know how to fix

SEPPDROID C.E.O DIODEMATRIX contact@diodematrix.com :roll: